Dr Amy Bender is a sleep scientist on a mission to promote sleep for well-being & better performance. She is the perfect guest to have on the podcast to discuss it’s importance for your running performance, recovery and efficiency.
In this episode you will learn:
- Link between sleep and running injuries
- What you need to know about the different sleep stages
- Signs & symptoms of poor sleep habits
- Importance of both sleep quality and quantity
- Common sleeping disorders for runners
- Can I sleep too much?
- Practical tips for sleep hygiene
- Right sleep position and pillow
Amy’s twitter account https://twitter.com/Sleep4Sport
Amy’s insta account https://www.instagram.com/sleep4sport/
Here is a link for the sleep questionnaire: https://static-content.springer.com/esm/art%3A10.1186%2Fs40798-018-0140-5/MediaObjects/40798_2018_140_MOESM1_ESM.pdf
Follow the facebook group Becoming a smarter runner:
Work with Brodie Sharpe at The Running Breakthrough Clinic visit:
To find Brodie on instagram: